Sometimes a product comes around that is an answer to prayers, and this Study and Activity Guide just happens to be that for me. As a creative person I find myself with ideas swirling around in my head constantly and I was having a heck of a time organizing them all.
And I am fortunate enough to have received this product free to review for you guys. And oh my goodness… I am in bible planning HEAVEN. So much so that I wanted to share 10 reasons why I highly recommend purchasing this manual!
There are TONS of places to take notes. This is important, because the Come Follow Me program will work best as you personalize it to your family’s needs. I know as I was studying week 1, impressions would come to mind on how to teach my little family in a way that would be meaningful to them. If I didn’t have the space to jot those ideas down, they would be forever lost on a sticky note or list somewhere.
2. I LOVE the family home evening planning spaces each week. As you study the scriptures for the week ideas will come to you. Once you have some ideas written down in your notes in your Come Follow Me Study/ Activity Guide you can easily put those together to create a family home evening plan.
I am going to use little sticky notes to add in our Ancestor of the Week. I feel like connections to Family History are important for our family and this is a simple way to make this happen.
3. The dates are on the pages! So you don’t have to wonder when you are supposed to be teaching this with your family.
4. I love the FEEL of the guide. The cover and pages are a nice quality. And the binding is great because you can fold it in half as you are taking notes… making it easier to write.
5. There are some great additional ideas listed for you to use during your family home evening lessons or daily scripture study. They would also work well during morning devotional time!
6. The Study/Activity Guide works great with our existing materials and activities in our blog. The scripture passports can easily be added with the library pouch in the front of the manual, and all the calendars and organizational ideas work seamlessly as well.
7. I love the uniformity of the planning pages. You know exactly what to expect- 4 pages a week, family home evening planning guide, and places to take notes as you study the scriptures.
8. Because it’s an Activity Guide for the entire year, you can go ahead and jot notes down that you don’t want to forget in advance! For example. I have an inspirational easter egg hunt that I want to do with my family. I wrote it on a sticky note and placed it on the Easter Week FHE planning page. Easy Peasy and now I know I won’t forget!
9. The Study/Activity Guide is a great size. Easy to stick into your church bag so you can take notes while you are waiting for Sacrament Meeting to start. I love the idea of reading through previous weeks during Sacrament Meeting as well- what better way to ponder the importance of the sacrament then rereading your notes on His Life.
10. There are going to be additional resources you can purchase that will go with the Red Headed Hostess’s study/activity guide ! Of course you don’t need the guide to use these resources, but it’s a cool extension option that will soon be available.
I wouldn’t wait any longer if you are on the fence on purchasing one of these books… they would make a great Christmas gift for family members and you can start the New Year off with an organized plan on how using the new Come Follow Me curriculum.
Check out the Red Headed Hostess for more amazing products, too! I will be blogging about her darling lesson journal for kids VERY soon!!
With the holidays coming up what better way to share your excitement of the new Come Follow Me curriculum than with a journal gift! It doesn’t have to be expensive and yet it will help your family and friends chronicle their learning of the New Testament as they draw closer to Christ.
This can be anything from a ruled notebook, sketch book, bullet journal, or binder.
Find a pouch and add journaling supplies like pens, markers, stickers, glue sticks, and scissors.
Don’t forget to print off some journaling pages and scripture passports to get them started on their journey!
The new Come Follow Me curriculum is meant for everyone! Sometimes we come across ideas online that would work great for families with young children. We wanted to share with you some ways that you can make the Come Follow Me curriculum work for your older children and help them to develop a closer relationship with our Savior.
Click on the image below to download an idea sheet from IvoryBloom to help you navigate this curriculum with your teen. There is a great interest survey on the bottom of this printable to help you understand how to better teach your teen.
As always, listen to the Spirit while planning your lessons. Not every child, no matter the age, will learn the same way. God will help guide you as you prepare to teach your family.
Themes can be a great way to make your bible lessons more engaging and fun. “Traveling through the New Testament” would be a great theme that would work for families of all ages. Check out some ideas from our blog and IvoryBloom!
Make sure to chronicle your adventure in your travel journal! This will be your personal guidebook of your journey throughout the New Testament.
Pack your bags! Pack special travel bags with journals/ journal supplies and bibles. Don’t forget some travel treats for your journey. 🙂
Use maps! Print out maps of different New Testament locations. Use google earth to zoom in on what these locations look like today. Click on the image below to visit lds.org where you can download this New Testament map.
Here is a planning sheet that you can print to help you plan your travels through the New Testament.
What better way to kick off your study of the New Testament than with a New Years Eve party? New Years Eve just happens to fall on Monday, so it makes a perfect family night activity. Just tweak your festivities a bit to include the New Testament and you are ready to go!
Testimony Time Capsule
Our favorite idea is to create a Testimony Time Capsule with your family. Have each member of your family write their testimony and/or their prior knowledge of the New Testament on a piece of paper. You can also have them write questions of things they want to learn about in the New Testament. Place the papers in a container- I used a shoebox we had laying around- and hide it away until the end of the year. At the end of the year have your family members rewrite their testimonies and/or what they now know about the New Testament. Pull out the time capsule and see how their learning has grown!
If you are crazy like us and *try* and stay up until midnight, add in some fun bible activities throughout the night. Make a paper chain countdown with favorite bible verses to read throughout the night. Put together a puzzle of the Savior. Watch little clips of bible videos while snacking on treats. Wear party hats while reading stories from the New Testament. After setting off confetti poppers talk about how God can make our hearts pop with love as we learn more about Him and follow His example.
Remember to make this a fun experience for your family! Anna at Ivory Bloom and I are both so excited to help your families be more converted to Christ. 🙂