Part of my church responsibilities include working with a great group of 8-10 year old girls. I thought it would be fun to teach them about the nativity, and originally was going to make a nativity ornament with them- when I thought it would be more fun (OK, easier and less messy) to make nativity dice with them!
The objective of this activity is to teach about the different characters of the nativity. I wanted to see the girls dive into their scriptures to learn more about who these people were. I also wanted a project that my girls could take home and do with their families. So this activity seemed perfect!
6 images of different Nativity characters
foam cube (I saw these at Michaels for five dollars, but they are only a buck at the Dollar Tree!)
glue sticks/ hot glue/ scissors
How to make the Nativity Dice:
- Trace one side of the foam cube on the cardstock. Cut out square and use this as a pattern to cut out 5 more squares. Hot glue cardstock on foam cube.
- Cut out nativity characters and glue one on each side of the foam cube.
That’s it! Unless you want to embellish. I kept mine simple.
How to play the Nativity Dice Game:
- Roll the dice.
- Name the character and describe the role they play in the nativity.
- Research this person in the bible.
- Share any connections you may have with this person.
- Share any questions you may have for this person.
This is the perfect addition to our family’s nativity kit !