Sometimes a product comes around that is an answer to prayers, and this Study and Activity Guide just happens to be that for me. As a creative person I find myself with ideas swirling around in my head constantly and I was having a heck of a time organizing them all.
And I am fortunate enough to have received this product free to review for you guys. And oh my goodness… I am in bible planning HEAVEN. So much so that I wanted to share 10 reasons why I highly recommend purchasing this manual!
- There are TONS of places to take notes. This is important, because the Come Follow Me program will work best as you personalize it to your family’s needs. I know as I was studying week 1, impressions would come to mind on how to teach my little family in a way that would be meaningful to them. If I didn’t have the space to jot those ideas down, they would be forever lost on a sticky note or list somewhere.
2. I LOVE the family home evening planning spaces each week. As you study the scriptures for the week ideas will come to you. Once you have some ideas written down in your notes in your Come Follow Me Study/ Activity Guide you can easily put those together to create a family home evening plan.
I am going to use little sticky notes to add in our Ancestor of the Week. I feel like connections to Family History are important for our family and this is a simple way to make this happen.
3. The dates are on the pages! So you don’t have to wonder when you are supposed to be teaching this with your family.
4. I love the FEEL of the guide. The cover and pages are a nice quality. And the binding is great because you can fold it in half as you are taking notes… making it easier to write.
5. There are some great additional ideas listed for you to use during your family home evening lessons or daily scripture study. They would also work well during morning devotional time!
6. The Study/Activity Guide works great with our existing materials and activities in our blog. The scripture passports can easily be added with the library pouch in the front of the manual, and all the calendars and organizational ideas work seamlessly as well.
7. I love the uniformity of the planning pages. You know exactly what to expect- 4 pages a week, family home evening planning guide, and places to take notes as you study the scriptures.
8. Because it’s an Activity Guide for the entire year, you can go ahead and jot notes down that you don’t want to forget in advance! For example. I have an inspirational easter egg hunt that I want to do with my family. I wrote it on a sticky note and placed it on the Easter Week FHE planning page. Easy Peasy and now I know I won’t forget!
9. The Study/Activity Guide is a great size. Easy to stick into your church bag so you can take notes while you are waiting for Sacrament Meeting to start. I love the idea of reading through previous weeks during Sacrament Meeting as well- what better way to ponder the importance of the sacrament then rereading your notes on His Life.
10. There are going to be additional resources you can purchase that will go with the Red Headed Hostess’s study/activity guide ! Of course you don’t need the guide to use these resources, but it’s a cool extension option that will soon be available.
I wouldn’t wait any longer if you are on the fence on purchasing one of these books… they would make a great Christmas gift for family members and you can start the New Year off with an organized plan on how using the new Come Follow Me curriculum.
Check out the Red Headed Hostess for more amazing products, too! I will be blogging about her darling lesson journal for kids VERY soon!!