Happy Valentines Day! I wanted to jot down a few of our traditions (maybe I will inspire someone out there… but, truth be told, it’s mostly for me to remember what I am supposed to do tomorrow!) Oh, and the pictures are all from last year. In case you were wondering 🙂
- The night before Valentines, secretly heart attack hubby’s laptop bag and Boo’s room. I like to write geeky math/science valentines for the hubs like ” I am COMPLEX, but our love is REAL” (based on complex and real numbers) and “Forget hydrogen! You’re my #1 element!”.
- Pink heart shaped pancakes
- Snacks in a heart shaped muffin tin.
- Valentine Tea (this is a new tradition) with heart shaped hotdogs, sandwiches, valentine cookies and punch, and chocolate covered strawberries
- My made up story called “Heartsie the Fairy and the Grumpy Old Troll”. It went something to the effect that Heartsie wanted to deliver hearts to everyone but the troll didn’t want her to. So Heartsie came up with a day that EVERYONE could deliver hearts. That day is known as Valentines day. A bit cheezy, but Boo loves it! Heartsie comes and delivers hearts to our family (aka a room full of paper hearts). I have my paper hearts cut and ready to spread around the front room!
- Charlie Brown Valentine movie
- Valentine baskets with little treats
- Treats like heart shaped pretzels and cheesecake
Making family traditions is one of my favorite things to do as a mom!
Happy Valentines Day!