Our family’s new year resolution is to work on gratitude (read more about it here). During the month of January we will be focusing on learning more about our Heavenly Father, why we are grateful for Him, and different ways we can express that gratitude to Him.
Each week we will discuss one of the following topics. I have also included a brief list of some of the resources we will be using to teach each topic. Many of the resources come from the Primary Partners/ Sunday Savers sharing time books that I bought years ago at Seagull Book for $2. Other ideas I found while searching online.
- Heavenly Father/ I am a child of God (make heavenly princess crown for Boo see Sharing Fun Treasures: My Eternal Family page 1, sing I am a child of God, great FHE I am a Child of God lesson from Lara Goold)
- Prayer (prayer rock see Sharing Fun Treasures: My Eternal Family page 56 and prayer board game see Sharing Time Treasures: I am a Child of God page 80, another great FHE prayer lesson from Lara Goold)
- Commandments (Commandment Concentration see Sharing Time Treasures: I’ll Follow Him in Faith page 30, Lara Goold’s FHE lesson on the 10 commandments)
- Obedience to God (Page Heninger and Lara Goold’s FHE lesson on obedience)
- Reverence (my hero Lara Goold’s FHE lesson on reverence, happy and sad chapel activity from Tina Felt’s FHE lesson on reverence, Little LDS ideas has a cute reverence jar activity)