I absolutely LOVE soft, sugary sugar cookies that seem to melt the moment they enter your mouth. I found this delicious recipe online and thought I would share it with you!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 4 1/3 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sugar, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugars and shortening using an electric mixer.
- Mix on slow speed 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. You want the sugar and shortening cream nice and soft.
- Slowly add vanilla and beaten egg while mixing.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Scoop with an ice-cream scoop and roll in sugar. A very important step!
- Place directly on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks appear and are pale golden. Ideally, the edges do not brown.