Tuesday was Purple Day at our house! It was a busy day with lots of exploration time outside since the much needed arrival of warm weather.
Here is a summary of our day with the color purple.
Wear Purple! My husband and I are both planning on participating in these color days by wearing the colors!
Work on color book– gluing pictures of purple things into pages of a blank book. I just printed 10 pictures of purple things such as a purple binky, grapes, purple flowers, etc. I am going to have my little one help me glue/place these items on 2 pages of a 20 page book. I had my daughter do some purple painting before we glued down the collage.
Color Squares– I will introduce purple, green, and orange color squares (I have these already to use but I just forgot! We will use them this weekend as a color reminder matching game.)
Here are some ideas I would like to try with her:
- make the color purple using blue and red (ice cubes, paint, water
- go on a purple hunt around the house/neighborhood. bring along the digital camera to snap these blue objects and create a slideshow of your days findings or print the pictures in a book
- learn the nursery rhyme- little jack horner and eat plums!
- eat purple popsickle, grapes, and drink grape juice
- read books about the color purple
- make a necklace with purple beads
- draw with purple sidewalk chalk
- Use coffee filters, a little water and purple markers to make flowers