Orange Day is the last of the color days for the month of April. We have had so much fun, and my little one can now recognize yellow, blue, purple, and brown and can say half of the color names that we have worked on (except orange and green- and those just happen to be the last two colors) I am so proud of her! Here is our wonderful day in orange!
Wear Orange! My husband and I are both planning on participating in these color days by wearing the colors!
Work on color book– gluing pictures of orange things into pages of a blank book. I just printed 10 pictures of orange things such as a pumpkin, tiger, carrots an orange stroller, etc. I am going to have my little one help me glue/place these items on 2 pages of a 20 page book. I had my daughter paint in her book before we glued down the collage.
Here are some ideas I would like to try with her in the future:
- orange stamp painting (we have done this before, just not today!)
- play relay races with orange construction cones
- learn the nursery rhyme “Peter, peter pumpkin eater”
- orange play dough, orange bath paints, orange scavenger hunt, read books about the color orange
- make the color green using red and yellow (ice cubes, paint, water)
- make a necklace with orange beads
- draw with orange sidewalk chalk
- make freshly squeezed orange juice
- eat goldfish crackers and cheddar cheese