So Wednesday was green day and it just happened to land on Earth day! It was a total coincidence! We had a great time celebrating- here is a list of our activities:
Wear Green! My husband and I are both planning on participating in these color days by wearing the colors!
Work on color book- gluing pictures of green things into pages of a blank book. I just printed 10 pictures of green things such as a tree, Oscar the Grouch, frog, beans, etc. I am going to have my little one help me glue/place these items on 2 pages of a 20 page book. I had my daughter color in her book with a green marker before we glued down the collage.
Color Squares- I will introduce purple, green, and orange color squares (I have these already to use but I just forgot! We will use them this weekend as a color reminder matching game.)
Here are some ideas I would like to try with her in the future:
- green vegetable trays as snacks
- there are so many cute Earth day crafts that I have seen online!
- do some gardening
- green play dough, green bath paints, green scavenger hunt, read books about the color green
- make the color green using blue and yellow (ice cubes, paint, water)
- make a necklace with green beads
- draw with green sidewalk chalk
- read our one of our current favorites- Green Eggs and Ham!
Green Day also happened to land on playgroup day- check out these ADORABLE bird nest snacks made from Grandma! Aren’t they a perfect earth day snack?