Next week we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day… and we are getting ready for some fun! I have been compiling a list of toddler activities for one of the greenest days of the year! I think it is always good to be prepared- maybe looking through these ideas will inspire you for a little Irish fun!
- handprint shamrocks: yes I am going to pull out the paint despite the taste testing a couple days ago! I think this is a darling, festive way to capture those sweet little handprints. The website suggested adding glitter…I am not to that point yet!
- go on a green color hunt: this idea was originally posted on my list of 20 activities I loved from No Time For Flashcards. This week we will go on the GREEN hunt- I am thinking that if we do this every day, by the end of the week she should be pretty familiar with the color green! I will add new green items for her to search for every day to keep my daughter thinking- things like green blocks, yarn, felt, pipe cleaners, pom poms, assortment of play foods, frog puppet, etc. I also love the idea of making green with the color squisher sacks!
- green jello snack- my daughter LOVES jello- green jello will be the perfect afternoon snack on St. Patrick’s Day!
- green playdoh–
1 part flour
2 parts oatmeal
1 part water
green food coloring
A great activity for little hands- this recipe is edible, so it has appealed me already!
- wear green- nobody wants to be pinched! Daddy already bought us 5 dollar matching shirts from Old Navy! 🙂
- A cute little fingerplay I found online:
Hiding in the hay. (Hide pointer finger under opposite hand.)
Don’t you run away. (Hop pointer finger around.)
Let’s go out and play. (Hop both pointer fingers together.)
It’s St. Patrick’s Day! (Dance pointer fingers up and down.)
If you have more great ideas, please comment and let me know! I would love to start a tradition with catching the leprechaun… any ideas out there? Thanks for reading and may the luck of the Irish be with you this week!!